About the Eli Segal Fellowship
The Eli Segal Fellowship is a highly competitive and prestigious fellowship for an AmeriCorps alum. This fellowship provides emerging leaders with an unparalleled opportunity to gain first-hand experience in how a federal agency works to implement policy and leverage national service in order to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing our nation. Check out the details here.
This unique 13-month opportunity is open to past national service national service participants with exceptional leadership ability, drive, and commitment to help to advance the mission and strategic goals of the Corporation. The job announcement is open from Friday, March 28, 2014 and closes on Friday May 23, 2014. The position start date is July 28, 2014.
Submit your application and resume with USA Jobs - Job Announcement Number: CNS-14-031-1082731
· The Eli Segal Fellow will help to advance the mission of national service and the strategic goals of the Corporation.
· The Fellow will work within the Office of the CEO and on projects that benefit the national service field.
· The Fellow will serve for thirteen months and will earn $29,000 with full benefits, including health insurance, leave, and retirement benefits.
· The Fellow will carry out projects, advance their career development and gain a first-hand understanding of national service and the workings of a federal agency.
· The Fellow will assist with developing interagency partnerships designed to expand national service.
· The Fellow will participate in a CNCS Disaster Deployment (should it be necessary), providing organizational support for national service participation on the ground during disaster response and recovery.
· The Fellow will assist with AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary Celebration.
· The Fellow will assist with the AmeriCorps VISTA 50th Anniversary Celebration
· The Fellowship is open to AmeriCorps alumni who have successfully completed a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State/National, AmeriCorps NCCC (1,700 hours) or AmeriCorps VISTA (one year)
· The Fellowship will begin within three years of the end of the applicant’s AmeriCorps term of service. Exceptions may be made for full-time education or military or other service activities.
· Be currently serving a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps NCCC or AmeriCorps VISTA that will end within 30 days of the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
We are looking for an AmeriCorps alum who demonstrate exceptional:
· Dedication to national service and its ideals
· Leadership abilities
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Communication and analytical skills
· Applications will be reviewed in a multi-stage process by Corporation staff.
· A representative or designee of the Eli Segal family will participate in the selection
· The final decision will be made by the CEO.